Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
A comprehensive 1 day course (minimum 6 hours training) covering a wide range of Emergency First Aid situations, enabling participants to qualify to the level of Emergency First Aider for the workplace meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This Emergency First Aid Training course will be tailored to the requirements of specific work environments.
Aims of the Course:
- Assess and prioritise a First Aid incident.
- Deal with an unconscious casualty.
- Carry out resuscitation (CPR).
- Control bleeding and manage shock.
- Deal with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Deal with a casualty suffering burns and scalds.
- Deal with a wide range of common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of medical care in line with your current workplace requirements.
- Use and maintain First Aid kits